    is installed? Thanks.

    Also, would I have to change my App Pools on IIS?

    David

    David C, Sep 24, 2008

  2. David C

    David Wier Guest

    3.5 justs adds features to 2.0 - - you can use both in the same environment.
    VS.Net 2008 will let you set the version of your application

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com
    bloated markup

    David Wier, Sep 24, 2008

  3. No, you can't remove it. The 3.0 and 3.5 Frameworks only add features and
    are not full-blown frameworks individual. The 2.0 framework was a full set,
    as was 1.x, but after that it's incremental. Removing the 2.0 framework
    would therefore break the 3.0 and 3.5 frameworks.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Sep 24, 2008
  4. "David C" <> wrote in message
    > We are using .Net 2.0 for all our asp.net applications. I would like to
    > start building new ones in 3.5 but I wondered if I could remove 2.0 once
    > 3.5 is installed? Thanks.

    No. 3.5 is an add on to 2.0.

    > Also, would I have to change my App Pools on IIS?

    It will make them 3.5.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 24, 2008
  5. re:
    !> I wondered if I could remove 2.0 once 3.5 is installed?

    No, you won't be able to because 3.5 targets the 2.0 CLR.
    If you remove 2.0, 3.5 will stop working.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 24, 2008