Will 3.5 replace?

David C

We are using .Net 2.0 for all our asp.net applications. I would like to
start building new ones in 3.5 but I wondered if I could remove 2.0 once 3.5
is installed? Thanks.

Also, would I have to change my App Pools on IIS?

David

Mark Fitzpatrick

No, you can't remove it. The 3.0 and 3.5 Frameworks only add features and
are not full-blown frameworks individual. The 2.0 framework was a full set,
as was 1.x, but after that it's incremental. Removing the 2.0 framework
would therefore break the 3.0 and 3.5 frameworks.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

David C said:
We are using .Net 2.0 for all our asp.net applications. I would like to
start building new ones in 3.5 but I wondered if I could remove 2.0 once
3.5 is installed? Thanks.

No. 3.5 is an add on to 2.0.
Also, would I have to change my App Pools on IIS?

It will make them 3.5.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I wondered if I could remove 2.0 once 3.5 is installed?

No, you won't be able to because 3.5 targets the 2.0 CLR.
If you remove 2.0, 3.5 will stop working.