will a gridview work for this

Paul

Hi I am building a c# web app with vs2005 and am trying to figure out the
best controls to use for this. It is a movie reservation system with a small
number of movies. I would like to display in a time grid which movies are
reserved. Movies that are still available I would list in a simple dropdown.
I think the y axis would be time.
Thanks.

Rahul Soni

First things first, a problem well defined is a problem half solved. I don't
think the requirement is crystal clear.

In general, IMO, GridView is good for display related data. I don't
personally find it very intuitive to work with an editable Grid. Depending on
your scenario, you may like to play around with other controls as well.

For a quick start, you may like to see some videos/tutorials which would
give you good idea of which control might suit your bill...

http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/

Paul

Thanks for the additional information. I would like to use something that
works like the outlook calendar where you share other users' calenders. It
would be very simular to this with the exception that instead of timesegments
for users it would be for movies. Will take a look at the link provided