Will a user ever download a .manifest file separately?

Ken Spreitzer

Hi, all. Quick question -- hopefully just a "yes" or "no".

Will a user ever download a (separate) file with the extension ".manifest"
when using *any* facet of .NET (ie, ASP.NET, WinForms, web service, etc)?

More specifically, if I parse the web server log files for a server which
either uses ASP.NET or is hosting some other .NET-based component, will I
ever run across a file with an extension of ".manifest"?

Or are .manifest files always included in assemblies or some other
container?

Thanks!
--Ken