    browsers the previous page will have that values or not when i press
    back button of browser??

    thxs

    vishal, Mar 28, 2005

  2. vishal

    Oli Filth Guest

    Re: Will browser remember values entered in form when i press backbutton????????

    vishal wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > i have one query. suppose there is one page loaded in my browser which
    > has some textboxes and a submit button. when i press submit button
    > another page is loaded which displays a simple message. now suppose
    > user presses back button of browser then the values entered in
    > previous/first page text boxes will be there or not.
    >
    > i am asking about browser compatibility. means on all old and new
    > browsers the previous page will have that values or not when i press
    > back button of browser??

    If you send HTTP headers that ensure the page is not cached, then old
    form values will not appear if the user presses back (AFAIK). For
    instance, you can use session_cache_limiter("nocache") in PHP (see
    http://www.php.net/session_cache_limiter).

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Mar 28, 2005

  3. vishal

    Dan Guest

    vishal wrote:
    > i have one query. suppose there is one page loaded in my browser

    which
    > has some textboxes and a submit button. when i press submit button
    > another page is loaded which displays a simple message. now suppose
    > user presses back button of browser then the values entered in
    > previous/first page text boxes will be there or not.

    This behavior is likely to be very browser-specific, and may also
    differ based on user configuration settings and HTTP headers supplied
    by the server in question. Usually, form values will be preserved, but
    sometimes they'll be discarded due to attempts on the site operator's
    part to suppress normal caching. It's usually pretty annoying when
    this happens.

    --
    Dan

    Dan, Mar 28, 2005