Will Microsoft's pop-up-blocker stop Java Frames?

Mickey Segal

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/19/t...&en=a1e69a566481d05e&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND
"This summer, Microsoft will put a pop-up blocking feature in the next
release of Internet Explorer."

What are the implications for using Frames in Java applets?

With Google's pop-up-blocker, Java Frames are not blocked. However, new
browser windows opened using showDocument are blocked
(http://segal.org/java/pop_window2/) though Google says the showDocument
behavior is a bug.

Will Microsoft's pop-up-blocker stop Java Frames? Or showDocument?

Thomas Schodt

Mickey said:
With Google's pop-up-blocker, Java Frames are not blocked. However, new
browser windows opened using showDocument are blocked
(http://segal.org/java/pop_window2/) though Google says the showDocument
behavior is a bug.

The only way I know of blocking unwanted java applets
(short of disabling java) is to add a bogus entry in your hosts file.

Eg.

# Thwart RedSheriff browser tracking applet
127.0.0.1 secure-au.imrworldwide.com

nos

Mickey Segal said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/19/technology/19popup.html?ex=1389848400&en=a
1e69a566481d05e&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND
"This summer, Microsoft will put a pop-up blocking feature in the next
release of Internet Explorer."

What are the implications for using Frames in Java applets?

With Google's pop-up-blocker, Java Frames are not blocked. However, new
browser windows opened using showDocument are blocked
(http://segal.org/java/pop_window2/) though Google says the showDocument
behavior is a bug.

Will Microsoft's pop-up-blocker stop Java Frames? Or showDocument?
Do you mean HTML frame, or JFrame?

Tony Morris

No, Yes, respectively

--