Will Python 3 be "stackless"?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Phillip B Oldham, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. Will Python 3 be "stackless"? Or, rather, will it have any features
    similar to stackless' microthreads and channels?
    Phillip B Oldham, Oct 23, 2008

  2. Phillip B Oldham

    Chris Rebert Guest

    Chris Rebert, Oct 23, 2008

  3. On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Chris Rebert <> wrote:
    > No, it will definitely not.

    >From your statement (and I'm terribly sorry if I've taken it out of

    context) it would seem that such features are frowned-upon. Is this
    correct? And if so, why?

    --
    Phillip B Oldham

    +44 (0) 7525 01 09 01
    Phillip B Oldham, Oct 23, 2008
  4. Phillip B Oldham schrieb:
    > On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Chris Rebert <> wrote:
    >> No, it will definitely not.

    >>From your statement (and I'm terribly sorry if I've taken it out of

    > context) it would seem that such features are frowned-upon. Is this
    > correct? And if so, why?

    You got the wrong impression. It's not frowned upon. It just is a lot of
    extra effort to implemnt & thus makes the development of "normal"
    features more complex.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Oct 23, 2008
  5. Phillip B Oldham

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Phillip B Oldham wrote:
    > Will Python 3 be ...

    The features of Python 3.0 are fixed; there are just a few remaining
    bugs to fix before the final release. Download the release candidate or
    look at the online manual at
    http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/
    Terry Reedy, Oct 24, 2008
  6. Phillip B Oldham