    them to use the new subprocess module...unless of course there any
    future plans to deprecate popen2.

    Is this something I will have to plan for ?

    Daniel Klein, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Daniel Klein wrote:

    >I have a few Python programs that use popen2, and they work quite
    > nicely and dependably, so I don't really have any reason to change
    > them to use the new subprocess module...unless of course there any
    > future plans to deprecate popen2.

    definitely not in the 2.X series. as for 3.X, nobody knows -- but chances
    are that even if the low-level support for popen2 disapperas, Python will
    ship with a popen2 implementation that delegates to subprocess.

    or you can write such an adapter yourself, the day you'll find that you want
    to upgrade to a fancy new Python version that doesn't have it. it'll take you
    30 seconds:

    http://docs.python.org/lib/node539.html

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Nov 16, 2006