win 2003 server

Mike

I setup my .NET web app on my IIS6 2003 Server and when I try to run my web
page, I keep getting a message telling me i'm unauthorized to view the page.

I have the permissions setup the same way another web site (non .NET though)
and i can view the the non .net site but can't view the .net site.

what am i missing to do?

thanks

Jason DeFontes

ASP and ASPX are turned off by default in 2003. You have to go into the
IIS manager under Web Service Extensions and turn them on.

-Jason

Mike

i turned them on and still getting the same error
Jason DeFontes said:
ASP and ASPX are turned off by default in 2003. You have to go into the
IIS manager under Web Service Extensions and turn them on.

-Jason

Ben Dewey

In IIS under Directory Security -> Authentication Control, make sure
Intergrated Windows Authentication is turned off.

Assuming you don't have it on for a reason.

Mike

I have to dial into the network, via vpn from my personal pc. So how would
the .NET deploy method work in this case?

Since i'm developing the app on my home pc, i dial into the network via VPN
log into the server and my pc is not confiugered to be seen by the network

bsfl44 said:
Did you deploy with .NETs "deployment" procedure (deployment folder)?
Also, check websharing, virtual directory. We've had this same screen in
development/production when we 'forget' to touch all bases. hope that maybe
helps you.