    and i can view the the non .net site but can't view the .net site.

    what am i missing to do?

    thanks

    Mike, May 12, 2004

  2. ASP and ASPX are turned off by default in 2003. You have to go into the
    IIS manager under Web Service Extensions and turn them on.

    -Jason

    Jason DeFontes, May 12, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    i turned them on and still getting the same error

    Mike, May 12, 2004
  4. Mike

    Ben Dewey Guest

    In IIS under Directory Security -> Authentication Control, make sure
    Intergrated Windows Authentication is turned off.

    Assuming you don't have it on for a reason.

    Ben Dewey, May 12, 2004
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I have to dial into the network, via vpn from my personal pc. So how would
    the .NET deploy method work in this case?

    Since i'm developing the app on my home pc, i dial into the network via VPN
    log into the server and my pc is not confiugered to be seen by the network

    "bsfl44" <> wrote in message
    > Did you deploy with .NETs "deployment" procedure (deployment folder)?

    Also, check websharing, virtual directory. We've had this same screen in
    development/production when we 'forget' to touch all bases. hope that maybe
    helps you.

    Mike, May 12, 2004