  1. I just heard that the memory limit for IIS applications under win 64 is only
    8 gig. Can somebody confirm this? Deny this?

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBSLg==?=, Jan 20, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBSLg==?=

    Jim Cheshire Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:48:02 -0800, "John R."
    <> wrote:

    >I just heard that the memory limit for IIS applications under win 64 is only
    >8 gig. Can somebody confirm this? Deny this?
    >
    >Thanks!

    The memory space available for *any* process on a 64-bit OS is as
    follows:

    32-bit Process:
    2GB (If the 3GB switch is enabled, this increases to 3GB)

    32-bit Process compiled with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:
    4GB

    64-bit Process:
    8TB (That's 8 terrabytes)

    I suspect that whomever told you this mistook 8TB for 8GB, but it's
    important to realize that this depends on a 64-bit process and not a
    32-bit process running on WOW64.

    Jim Cheshire
    --
    Blog: