Win 98 one-click 1.8.5-21 installer problem

jzakiya

On my Windows 98 desktop the installer appears to load correctly.
When I attempt to run Freeride from the windows menu, however, the
following message is shown in the DOS terminal window:

---------------------------
c:\ruby\freeride>ruby freeride.rb

Bad command or file name
----------------------------

But, when I go into the c:\ruby\bin directory and run irb it
comes up and runs fine, but I can't get Freeride to run.

I have no problem on a laptop with XP, so is this a Win 98 issues?

Thanks in advance.

Jabari

Austin Ziegler

On my Windows 98 desktop the installer appears to load correctly.
When I attempt to run Freeride from the windows menu, however, the
following message is shown in the DOS terminal window:

---------------------------
c:\ruby\freeride>ruby freeride.rb

Bad command or file name
----------------------------

But, when I go into the c:\ruby\bin directory and run irb it
comes up and runs fine, but I can't get Freeride to run.

I have no problem on a laptop with XP, so is this a Win 98 issues?

Win98 doesn't keep the environment in the registry. Does your
autoexec.bat include Ruby as part of the path (e.g., is c:\ruby in the
SET PATH= line?). If it isn't, you'll have to add it. If it is, you'll
have to reboot to make it stick.

-austin

Curt Hibbs

Win98 doesn't keep the environment in the registry. Does your
autoexec.bat include Ruby as part of the path (e.g., is c:\ruby in the
SET PATH= line?). If it isn't, you'll have to add it. If it is, you'll
have to reboot to make it stick.

The One-Click Installer doesn't officially support Windows 98.
However, if you take Austin's advice it'll probably work (no
guarantees, though).

Curt