Win2k, IIS5, IIS Lockdown Tool, URL Scan

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by 13 Fallen, May 28, 2004.

  1. 13 Fallen

    13 Fallen Guest

    I run Win2k Workstation (Spk4) with IIS and the .NET Framework version 1.1.

    I develop on this platform with ASP.NET using Visual Studio .NET 2003.

    I am planning to install the latest version of the IIS Lockdown tool (with
    URL scan).

    I understand that this may interfere with some aspects of development and
    debugging.

    Does anyone know what this interference may be and what I can do to avoid or
    correct these problems?

    Thanks,

    -G

    www.gerardvignes.com
    13 Fallen, May 28, 2004

  2. While I dont know the exact nature of what is changed, I think that you can
    run 'aspnet_regiis -i' from the
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v.1.1.4322 directory to fix it back up.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Jun 1, 2004

  3. 13 Fallen

    13 Fallen Guest

    Thanks Paul!

    "Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]" <-NOSPAM> wrote in
    message news:...

    13 Fallen, Jun 1, 2004