win2k Installation nightmare

Alvin Bruney

I'm almost home free. One last problem to overcome. I've re-installed
vstudio.net, built a small test app but it says the server is not running
asp.net version 1.1? I don't know what else to check. Framework 1.1 is
installed, there are no default mappings for an aspx extension though so i
know something got screwed somewhere. Thanks for the help

Matthieu Guyonnet-Duluc

Alvin said:
I'm almost home free. One last problem to overcome. I've re-installed
vstudio.net, built a small test app but it says the server is not
running asp.net version 1.1? I don't know what else to check.
Framework 1.1 is installed, there are no default mappings for an aspx
extension though so i know something got screwed somewhere. Thanks for
the help
You can reinstall ASP.NET 1.1 by excuting this command line :
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\asp_regiis.exe -i

If you've IIS 6.0 (Windows 2003) you shoudl also check if ASP.NET is
activated in the web service extension manager in IIS console.

HTH,

Matthieu Guyonnet-Duluc
contact : http://www.deuxtowers.com/contact/