win2k multiple versions config question

rzantow

I currently have both 2.3 and 2.4 on my Win2k computer. For the most
part, I've been able to run each version, but I'm not configured
completely correctly and I've run into a snafu. I downloaded LGT to try
it out today; it uses PyGame (which as far as I know doesn't work with
2.4 yet -- or am I wrong here?), and OpenGL, and maybe has other
dependencies. At any rate, the error I am seeing apparently involves
OpenGL, and looks like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Dld\LGT\doc\dev_pygame.py", line 3, in ?
import LGT
File "..\LGT\__init__.py", line 2, in ?
import video
File "..\LGT\video.py", line 1, in ?
from OpenGL.GL import *
File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\__init__.py", line 26, in
?
from GL.GL__init___ import __numeric_present__, __numeric_support__
File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\__init__.py", line 2,
in ?
from GL__init__ import *
File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.py", line 2,
in ?
import GL__init___
ImportError: Module use of python23.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.

I'm not sure what "this version" of Python should be here. I have a
Pythonpath that refers to the 2.3 tree; neither 2.3 nor 2.4 is
referenced in my Path variable. There is no evident reference to 2.4
active (at least not that I can find). The message seems to be telling
me that the OpenGL module uses 2.3, which should be correct, but maybe
I'm reading it wrong. Can anybody set me on the right track here?

Vincent Wehren

[...]

When you enter "python" in the command line, does python 2.4 appear, or
python 2.3? If it's 2.4, be explicit about wanting 2.3 and run the
script like so:

d:\Python23\python name_of_scriptfile.py

HTH,