win2k multiple versions config question

Discussion in 'Python' started by rzantow@ntelos.net, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I currently have both 2.3 and 2.4 on my Win2k computer. For the most
    part, I've been able to run each version, but I'm not configured
    completely correctly and I've run into a snafu. I downloaded LGT to try
    it out today; it uses PyGame (which as far as I know doesn't work with
    2.4 yet -- or am I wrong here?), and OpenGL, and maybe has other
    dependencies. At any rate, the error I am seeing apparently involves
    OpenGL, and looks like this:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\Dld\LGT\doc\dev_pygame.py", line 3, in ?
    import LGT
    File "..\LGT\__init__.py", line 2, in ?
    import video
    File "..\LGT\video.py", line 1, in ?
    from OpenGL.GL import *
    File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\__init__.py", line 26, in
    ?
    from GL.GL__init___ import __numeric_present__, __numeric_support__
    File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\__init__.py", line 2,
    in ?
    from GL__init__ import *
    File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.py", line 2,
    in ?
    import GL__init___
    ImportError: Module use of python23.dll conflicts with this version of
    Python.

    I'm not sure what "this version" of Python should be here. I have a
    Pythonpath that refers to the 2.3 tree; neither 2.3 nor 2.4 is
    referenced in my Path variable. There is no evident reference to 2.4
    active (at least not that I can find). The message seems to be telling
    me that the OpenGL module uses 2.3, which should be correct, but maybe
    I'm reading it wrong. Can anybody set me on the right track here?

    --
    rzed
    , Feb 17, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I currently have both 2.3 and 2.4 on my Win2k computer. For the most
    > part, I've been able to run each version, but I'm not configured
    > completely correctly and I've run into a snafu. I downloaded LGT to try
    > it out today; it uses PyGame (which as far as I know doesn't work with
    > 2.4 yet -- or am I wrong here?), and OpenGL, and maybe has other
    > dependencies. At any rate, the error I am seeing apparently involves
    > OpenGL, and looks like this:
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "D:\Dld\LGT\doc\dev_pygame.py", line 3, in ?
    > import LGT
    > File "..\LGT\__init__.py", line 2, in ?
    > import video
    > File "..\LGT\video.py", line 1, in ?
    > from OpenGL.GL import *
    > File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\__init__.py", line 26, in
    > ?
    > from GL.GL__init___ import __numeric_present__, __numeric_support__
    > File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\__init__.py", line 2,
    > in ?
    > from GL__init__ import *
    > File "d:\Python23\lib\site-packages\OpenGL\GL\GL__init__.py", line 2,
    > in ?
    > import GL__init___
    > ImportError: Module use of python23.dll conflicts with this version of
    > Python.
    >
    > I'm not sure what "this version" of Python should be here. I have a
    > Pythonpath that refers to the 2.3 tree; neither 2.3 nor 2.4 is
    > referenced in my Path variable. There is no evident reference to 2.4
    > active (at least not that I can find). The message seems to be telling
    > me that the OpenGL module uses 2.3, which should be correct, but maybe
    > I'm reading it wrong. Can anybody set me on the right track here?

    When you enter "python" in the command line, does python 2.4 appear, or
    python 2.3? If it's 2.4, be explicit about wanting 2.3 and run the
    script like so:

    d:\Python23\python name_of_scriptfile.py

    HTH,

    --
    Vincent Wehren
    Vincent Wehren, Feb 18, 2005