Win2k3, IIS6, ASP.Net - Server Application Unavailable

Guest

Hi,

I've got 2 web servers. I've installed my web app on both Win2K3 machines.
It works on one and not the other. I noticed that server which has the
problem didn't have ASP.NET installed, nor did it have the right web
extentions in IIS6. But it still doesn't work after correcting these.

I've tried the MSDN solution which is to change processMode/username to
SYSTEM instead of machine (in the machine.config file) but that didn't help
either.

I've searched the entire internet for a solution, and nothing at all.

The error i get is:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!! I'm very desperate - deadline is looming!!

Guest

BTW, there's nothing in the event log, i've tried resetting IIS, i've given
aspnet permissions to all the folders imagineable...

Guest

No, but I need a straight forward solution, not a workaround, because these
servers are going to be live environment servers. I'd rather reinstall
everything than work around the problem.

Juan T. Llibre

I only suggested in the event that you were
mixing 1.1 and 2.0 apps on the development server.

They need to be in separate app pools to be able to run,
if you're running both 1.1 and 2.0 apps on a server.

That error message is indicative of that.

If you're not running 1.1 and 2.0 apps, we'll have to look for something else.