Win32::AdminMisc DLL problem

bkimelman

I am using a Windows XP PC.

I am using Activestate Perl version 5.8.6.

I installed the AdminMisc module as follows from the DOS command line :

D:\ ppm install
http://www.orth.net/perl/packages/win32-adminmisc.ppd

The install went fine (i.e. no errors from PPM)

Here is the test script I wrote

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Win32::AdminMisc;

my ( $status , $total , $free );

($total,$free) = Win32::AdminMisc::GetDriveSpace("c:\\");

exit 0;

=================

When I run the test sc ript from the DOS command line I receive an
error message as follows :

This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not
found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about hwo to fix this problem ?

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

:

D:\ ppm install
http://www.orth.net/perl/packages/win32-adminmisc.ppd

The install went fine (i.e. no errors from PPM)

Interesting, as I got:

D:\Home> ppm install http://www.orth.net/perl/packages/win32-adminmi
sc.ppd
PPM::pPD::init: not a PPD and not a file:
<HTML><HEAD>

ITYM www.roth.net.
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use warnings;

is preferable because it allows you to turn selected warnings on/off in
lexical scopes.
When I run the test scrript from the DOS command line I receive an
error message as follows :

This application has failed to start because MSVCR70.dll was not
found.

You need the latest MS C runtime in your path.

More information can be found at

http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?fid=13475

My guess is, you need to install the .NET framework to get the runtime.

On the other hand, you may want to Google for MSVCR70 and see if you can
find more information.

Sinan

Dave

[...]

Have you tried a google search on the issue? It is a known problem with the
latest version (if you don't have
the .net runtime installed). You can use the older version. Install the dot
net runtime, or (I think) simple get and put msvcr70.dll somewhere in your
path.
e.g.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/pdk/1810643

Dave

Brian McCauley

[...]

MSVCR70 is the Microsoft Visual C Runtime. Any DLL or EXE complied with
MS VC 7.0 will need it. You should be able to get it from the Microsoft
website.

Note: the fact that you don't already have MSCVR70.DLL already implies
that the perl.exe was complied with a different version of VC from
AdminMisc.dll. In principle this can be problematic as MS don't promise
binary compatability between minor versions of their C libraries. I've
never yet found it to be a real problem.