WIN32 Console Programming - Changing cursor to block for overstrike?

AMT2K5

Hello,

I am curious as to how I can change the cursor to a block for
overstrike mode and then reverse it to normal for insert mode.

I am using Visual C++ 2005 beta express as a compiler.
I also have the newest Borland BCC32 compiler installed and
accessability to an AIX compiler.

Thanks.

Eric Sosman

AMT2K5 wrote On 10/14/05 15:09,:
Hello,

I am curious as to how I can change the cursor to a block for
overstrike mode and then reverse it to normal for insert mode.

See Questions 19.4, 19.9, and maybe even 19.10 in
the comp.lang.c Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list

I am using Visual C++ 2005 beta express as a compiler.
I also have the newest Borland BCC32 compiler installed and
accessability to an AIX compiler.

If you're writing C++, you should haunt the comp.lang.c++
newsgroup rather than this one. Down the hall to your left,
the door that says "Lasciate omni speranza, voi ch'entrate."

Anonymous 7843

If you're writing C++, you should haunt the comp.lang.c++
newsgroup rather than this one. Down the hall to your left,
the door that says "Lasciate omni speranza, voi ch'entrate."

ITYM ogni not omni.

Default User

AMT2K5 said:
I'm writing C, I guess it is specific towards curses.h, conio.h and
windows.h

Well, parts of your program are in C. The other things you mention are
platform-specific extensions and need to be investigated elsewhere.

Brian

Keith Thompson

AMT2K5 said:
I'm writing C, I guess it is specific towards curses.h, conio.h and
windows.h

You guess what is specific? Search this newsgroup for the string
"followup via groups.google.com" and follow the advice.

None of curses.h, conio.h, and windows.h is part of standard C.
You'll need to post to a newsgroup specific to your system, probably
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.