    I also have the newest Borland BCC32 compiler installed and
    accessability to an AIX compiler.

    Thanks.
    AMT2K5, Oct 14, 2005

  2. AMT2K5

    Eric Sosman Guest

    AMT2K5 wrote On 10/14/05 15:09,:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am curious as to how I can change the cursor to a block for
    > overstrike mode and then reverse it to normal for insert mode.

    See Questions 19.4, 19.9, and maybe even 19.10 in
    the comp.lang.c Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list

    > I am using Visual C++ 2005 beta express as a compiler.
    > I also have the newest Borland BCC32 compiler installed and
    > accessability to an AIX compiler.

    If you're writing C++, you should haunt the comp.lang.c++
    newsgroup rather than this one. Down the hall to your left,
    the door that says "Lasciate omni speranza, voi ch'entrate."

    Eric Sosman, Oct 14, 2005

  3. In article <dip0sq$3j4$>,
    Eric Sosman <> wrote:

    > If you're writing C++, you should haunt the comp.lang.c++
    > newsgroup rather than this one. Down the hall to your left,
    > the door that says "Lasciate omni speranza, voi ch'entrate."

    ITYM ogni not omni.
    Anonymous 7843, Oct 14, 2005
  4. AMT2K5

    AMT2K5 Guest

    I'm writing C, I guess it is specific towards curses.h, conio.h and
    windows.h
    AMT2K5, Oct 14, 2005
  5. AMT2K5

    Default User Guest

    AMT2K5 wrote:

    > I'm writing C, I guess it is specific towards curses.h, conio.h and
    > windows.h

    Well, parts of your program are in C. The other things you mention are
    platform-specific extensions and need to be investigated elsewhere.

    Brian

    header.
    Default User, Oct 14, 2005
  6. Re: WIN32 Console Programming - Changing cursor to block foroverstrike?

    "AMT2K5" <> writes:
    > I'm writing C, I guess it is specific towards curses.h, conio.h and
    > windows.h

    You guess what is specific? Search this newsgroup for the string
    "followup via groups.google.com" and follow the advice.

    None of curses.h, conio.h, and windows.h is part of standard C.
    You'll need to post to a newsgroup specific to your system, probably
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 14, 2005