Win32/Console - subclass using Python ?

Richard Shea

Hi - I wondered if anyone had done this before and could provide some
suggestions ? I'm interested in supplying extra functionality to a
Win32 Console (cmd.exe) - full description below for those interested.
I would do this using Python.

I'm having difficulty finding anything about Console based programming
via MSDN - I just wondered if anyone had done anything like this or
alternatively knew where the part of the Win32 API which deals with
Console interaction is on MSDN ? I've found
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;104094 but
that's about it so far.

FULL DESCRIPTION
================
I use the Oracle client SQLPLUS a lot via a Win 32 console. There are
some aspect s of this experience which would bear improvement.

I'm interested in producing a 'super' cmd.exe which would 'help'
SQLPLUS do its thing. I'm thinking for instance of auto-completion of
table names, smart help etc. That's a big topic but just for starters
I would like to be able to create my own 'super cmd.exe'

regards

Richard Shea

Richard Shea

Roger Upole said:

Thanks for that - I had looked for something like this but not found
it. It's not 100% what I was thinking of as I would (I believe) need
to run SQLPLUS 'behind' it. Never mind I appreciate it. Thanks also to
info I got via Email WRT to 'QUASI'
http://quasi-shell.sourceforge.net/ - that's a pretty amazing thing
which is worth checking out.

regards