Win32::GUI

jnk

In the documentation that I have read about this module it tells only
about manipulating the windows that you have created with it. What
about windows that are already in existence....how can i manipulate
them. Press buttons, close them and what not.

Should I seek a different module?

Thanks for your time and attention.

jnk

I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to actually
create any windows. I just want my perl program to "press" an "ok"
button on an open dialog box so that i dont have to do it. I am just
trying to automate a process so that i dont have to be present at the
computer when this dialog box appears and needs clicking.

Peter Wilson

I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to actually
create any windows. I just want my perl program to "press" an "ok"
button on an open dialog box so that i dont have to do it. I am just
trying to automate a process so that i dont have to be present at the
computer when this dialog box appears and needs clicking.

Have you tried looking at sendkeys? (GuiTest module its on www.cpan.org)

http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?search=send+keys&filetype=
+distribution+name+or+description&site=ftp.funet.fi&join=and&stem=no&arrange
=file&case=clike&download=auto&age=

might help?

Peter