    Should I seek a different module?

    Thanks for your time and attention.

    , Jul 15, 2003

    I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to actually
    create any windows. I just want my perl program to "press" an "ok"
    button on an open dialog box so that i dont have to do it. I am just
    trying to automate a process so that i dont have to be present at the
    computer when this dialog box appears and needs clicking.

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:04:06 -0500, Jeremy Fluhmann <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> In the documentation that I have read about this module it tells only
    >> about manipulating the windows that you have created with it. What
    >> about windows that are already in existence....how can i manipulate
    >> them. Press buttons, close them and what not.
    >>
    >> Should I seek a different module?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your time and attention.

    >Try here: http://www.bahnhof.se/~johanl/perl/Loft/
    >It's called GUI Loft. It lets you drag/drop buttons, labels, images,
    >and whatnot. You'll have to tinker with it some. I had to do this to
    >get the properties window to show up (you'll need the properties window)
    >http://www.bahnhof.se/~johanl/perl/Loft/faq.html#the properties window is missing!
    >
    >Jeremy Fluhmann
    >McLane Company

    , Jul 16, 2003

  3. Peter Wilson Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I dont think I explained myself correctly. I dont want to actually
    > create any windows. I just want my perl program to "press" an "ok"
    > button on an open dialog box so that i dont have to do it. I am just
    > trying to automate a process so that i dont have to be present at the
    > computer when this dialog box appears and needs clicking.

    Have you tried looking at sendkeys? (GuiTest module its on www.cpan.org)

    http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/mod_perl/cpan-search?search=send keys&filetype=
    +distribution+name+or+description&site=ftp.funet.fi&join=and&stem=no&arrange
    =file&case=clike&download=auto&age=

    might help?

    Peter

    Peter Wilson, Jul 16, 2003