    suck it up and install cygwin, I'm just hoping not to.

    Thanks
    --Kyle

    Kyle Schmitt, Mar 1, 2007

  2. Kyle Schmitt

    Paul Rogers Guest

    On Mar 1, 2:58 pm, "Kyle Schmitt" <> wrote:
    > So I came across this lib for gui testing using ruby.http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=win32-guitest
    >
    > Considering that I'm using vb script in Automated QA's TestComplete
    > right now, this looked like heaven on earth.
    >
    > Sadly this doesn't seem to work out of the box.
    > The installer doesn't quite run, and manually putting the libraries
    > into place didn't work...and worst of all, it appears to have been
    > compiled with cygwin :p
    > Does anyone out there know of a way to cleanly install this... without
    > cygwin? Heck if it's absolutely deal-breakingly necessary, I'll even
    > suck it up and install cygwin, I'm just hoping not to.
    >
    > Thanks
    > --Kyle

    I spent some time working with this, but it was about 2 years ago. I
    cant remember what the outcome was, but I dont think I had much
    success
    there is also http://rubyforge.org/projects/guitest/
    But I dont think theyve done much work on it.
    the perl win32::guitest is useful. But its perl.

    Paul Rogers, Mar 1, 2007

  3. Kyle Schmitt

    Kyle Schmitt Guest

    I was hoping to stay in rubyland, but heck, perl is still worlds
    better, eons more advanced, somethings more exciting, than vbscript.

    I'll just watch this thread for a few days and hope though :)

    --Kyle

    Kyle Schmitt, Mar 1, 2007
  4. Kyle Schmitt

    Paul Rogers Guest

    On Mar 1, 3:25 pm, "Kyle Schmitt" <> wrote:
    > I was hoping to stay in rubyland, but heck, perl is still worlds
    > better, eons more advanced, somethings more exciting, than vbscript.
    >
    > I'll just watch this thread for a few days and hope though :)
    >
    > --Kyle

    depending on what you are trying to do, you can always use autoit and
    use ruby to control it via com

    Paul Rogers, Mar 1, 2007