Win32::IsWinNT missed

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by misirion, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. misirion

    misirion Guest

    I tried to install via 'cpan' the Win32::OLE package in my Ubuntu
    machine.
    I obtained the following error:

    Writing Makefile for Win32::ODBC
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for Win32::OLE
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for Win32::perfLib
    Checking if your kit is complete...
    Looks good
    Writing Makefile for Win32::pipe
    ERROR from evaluation of
    /root/.cpan/build/libwin32-0.26/Process/Makefile.PL: Undefined
    subroutine &Win32::IsWinNT called at ./Makefile.PL line 7.
    Running make test
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
    Running make install
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

    -----------------

    How can I get out of this? Why do I receive this error about
    Win32::IsWinNT?
    What strategy should I follow?

    Thanks in advance,

    misirion
    misirion, Nov 15, 2005

  2. "misirion" <> wrote in news:1132081585.712991.80350
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I tried to install via 'cpan' the Win32::OLE package in my Ubuntu

    In what way do you expect to be able to use Win32::OLE on Ubuntu Linux?

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Nov 15, 2005

  3. misirion

    misirion Guest

    That's what I expected to read.
    Actually, I'm looking for a way that allows me to create a Word file
    (or an RTF) under Linux, and I was hoping to use this module of perl
    for it. As I see, it uses Windows libraries and cannot be run under
    Linux.

    Can you suggest me a workaround, for example a way to create RTF files
    in perl?
    I need to create three simple columns in that doc, or a table is good
    too.

    Thanks and bye,

    misirion

    misirion, Nov 16, 2005
  4. misirion

    Paul Lalli Guest

    misirion wrote:
    > That's what I expected to read.

    What is? Oh, you quoted the entire original, below your reply. Please
    don't do that. Trim the post to the relevant bits, and post your new
    text below it.

    > Actually, I'm looking for a way that allows me to create a Word file
    > (or an RTF) under Linux, and I was hoping to use this module of perl
    > for it. As I see, it uses Windows libraries and cannot be run under
    > Linux.
    >
    > Can you suggest me a workaround, for example a way to create RTF files
    > in perl?

    Odd, when I search CPAN for 'RTF', this is one of the first results:
    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-Writer-1.11/lib/RTF/Writer.pod

    I wonder why it didn't turn up for you.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Nov 16, 2005
  5. misirion

    misirion Guest

    Paul Lalli wrote:
    > What is? Oh, you quoted the entire original, below your reply. Please
    > don't do that. Trim the post to the relevant bits, and post your new
    > text below it.

    Right suggestion, sorry for my mistake, I was inattentive.

    > Odd, when I search CPAN for 'RTF', this is one of the first results:
    > http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-Writer-1.11/lib/RTF/Writer.pod

    Thank you very much for the link.

    > I wonder why it didn't turn up for you.

    Very interesting question. Please investigate, and let me know the
    answer ASAP!

    Bye,
    misirion
    misirion, Nov 17, 2005