Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window

diavolo-verde

Hello,

I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

Dave

Paul Lalli

I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::printer,
searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

Paul Lalli

diavolo-verde

Paul Lalli ha scritto:
What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::printer,
searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

Thanks,

David

Paul Lalli

Paul Lalli ha scritto:

Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

Paul Lalli

diavolo-verde

Paul Lalli ha scritto:
I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

I'm sorry Paul, the english is not my native language so probably I'm a
little bit aggressive; if this is the case, please excuse me.

Frankly speaking I cannot understand what you are trying to tell me. I
read the documentation and I didn't find the method to disable the
confirmation window to appear.

This is my Printer instantiation
my $dc = new Win32::printer(
papersize => A4,
#dialog => NOSELECTION,
description => 'schedine',
unit => 'mm'
);

I tryed enabling dialog and others. What do I miss?

This is an excerpt from documentation:

If both "printer" and dialog attributes omitted- systems default
printer is used.

Printer dialog settings. You may use the combination of the following
flags ($dc->{flags} contains modified printer dialog flags):

ALLPAGES = 0x000000
The default flag that indicates that the All radio button is initially
selected. This flag is used as a placeholder to indicate that the
PAGENUMS and SELECTION flags are not specified.

SELECTION = 0x000001
If this flag is set, the Selection radio button is selected. If neither
PAGENUMS nor SELECTION is set, the All radio button is selected.

PAGENUMS = 0x000002
If this flag is set, the Pages radio button is selected. If this flag
is set when the new method returns, the $dc->{maxp} and $dc->{minp}
variables indicate the starting and ending pages specified by the user.

NOSELECTION = 0x000004
Disables the Selection radio button.

NOPAGENUMS = 0x000008
Disables the Pages radio button and the associated edit controls.

PRINTTOFILE = 0x000020
If this flag is set, the Print to File check box is selected.

PRINTSETUP = 0x000040
Causes the system to display the Print Setup dialog box rather than the
Print dialog box.

NOWARNING = 0x000080
Prevents the warning message from being displayed when there is no
default printer.

DISABLEPRINTTOFILE = 0x080000
Disables the Print to File check box.

HIDEPRINTTOFILE = 0x100000
Hides the Print to File check box.

NONETWORKBUTTON = 0x200000
Hides and disables the Network button.

diavolo-verde

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:

I am a stupid.

I'm testing my program and I set the default printer as " adobe PDF",
it was the PDF driver to raise the window, not Windows.

I'm sorry.

Dave