    without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

    Dave

    , Jul 26, 2006

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:

    > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
    > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

    What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::printer,
    searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jul 26, 2006

    Paul Lalli ha scritto:

    > wrote:
    >
    > > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
    > > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

    > What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::printer,
    > searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

    Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
    send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
    printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
    Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

    Thanks,

    David

    , Jul 26, 2006
  4. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > Paul Lalli ha scritto:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer,
    > > > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::printer module?

    > > What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::printer,
    > > searching specifically for words like "default printer"?

    > Hi Paul, I realized that my question was not clear. What I want is to
    > send data directly without user intervention. I can choose which
    > printer to print programmatically but then window raise the Print
    > Dialog asking the user to press OK. I don't want this happens.

    I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
    believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jul 26, 2006

    Paul Lalli ha scritto:

    > I understood exactly what you said. What part of my post led you to
    > believe otherwise? Why did you completely ignore my question?

    I'm sorry Paul, the english is not my native language so probably I'm a
    little bit aggressive; if this is the case, please excuse me.

    Frankly speaking I cannot understand what you are trying to tell me. I
    read the documentation and I didn't find the method to disable the
    confirmation window to appear.

    This is my Printer instantiation
    my $dc = new Win32::printer(
    papersize => A4,
    #dialog => NOSELECTION,
    description => 'schedine',
    unit => 'mm'
    );

    I tryed enabling dialog and others. What do I miss?

    This is an excerpt from documentation:

    If both "printer" and dialog attributes omitted- systems default
    printer is used.

    Printer dialog settings. You may use the combination of the following
    flags ($dc->{flags} contains modified printer dialog flags):

    ALLPAGES = 0x000000
    The default flag that indicates that the All radio button is initially
    selected. This flag is used as a placeholder to indicate that the
    PAGENUMS and SELECTION flags are not specified.

    SELECTION = 0x000001
    If this flag is set, the Selection radio button is selected. If neither
    PAGENUMS nor SELECTION is set, the All radio button is selected.

    PAGENUMS = 0x000002
    If this flag is set, the Pages radio button is selected. If this flag
    is set when the new method returns, the $dc->{maxp} and $dc->{minp}
    variables indicate the starting and ending pages specified by the user.

    NOSELECTION = 0x000004
    Disables the Selection radio button.

    NOPAGENUMS = 0x000008
    Disables the Pages radio button and the associated edit controls.

    PRINTTOFILE = 0x000020
    If this flag is set, the Print to File check box is selected.

    PRINTSETUP = 0x000040
    Causes the system to display the Print Setup dialog box rather than the
    Print dialog box.

    NOWARNING = 0x000080
    Prevents the warning message from being displayed when there is no
    default printer.

    DISABLEPRINTTOFILE = 0x080000
    Disables the Print to File check box.

    HIDEPRINTTOFILE = 0x100000
    Hides the Print to File check box.

    NONETWORKBUTTON = 0x200000
    Hides and disables the Network button.

    , Jul 26, 2006

    ha scritto:

    >> I tryed enabling dialog and others. What do I miss?

    I am a stupid.

    I'm testing my program and I set the default printer as " adobe PDF",
    it was the PDF driver to raise the window, not Windows.

    I'm sorry.

    Dave

    , Jul 26, 2006