Win32-Printer problem

Jerry Preston

My program had been running fine on a XP Home system until I re-installed
the printer drivers and software for an HP 1315. I removed ALL of the
latest Perl system and re-installed it and again my programs will not print
to the printer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

mgarrish

Jerry said:
My program had been running fine on a XP Home system until I re-installed
the printer drivers and software for an HP 1315. I removed ALL of the
latest Perl system and re-installed it and again my programs will not print
to the printer.

Does anything print to your printer? It seems unlikely that you have a
Perl problem if everything was running fine up until the reinstall, so
aside from reinstalling your whole OS I don't know that you'll get much
useful advice here.

Matt

Jerry Preston

Matt,

The printer works fine except for printing with Perl. I was hoping to find
another solution other than a complete reinstall.

Thanks,

Jerry

mgarrish

The printer works fine except for printing with Perl. I was hoping to find
another solution other than a complete reinstall.

But assuming no changes to your perl code and the OS, same printer and
same drivers that were present when the code was working, you'll
hopefully understand that there's not much advice to be given.

The only thing I can think of, and it seems like a big stretch, is if
you didn't completely remove the Perl directory before reinstalling
there might still exist some dependency in the Win32-Printer module
that was broken from when you reinstalled the driver. In which case,
even though you reinstalled the module, the faulty dll might not have
been overwritten (I've had this happen for the DBD-ODBC drivers when
upgrading Perl, for example, because the dlls are often in use by the
OS and can't be removed until after rebooting).

Matt