    Cygwin?)

    Thank You,
    Levin

    Levin Alexander, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Hi Levin,

    --- Levin Alexander <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for suggestions on how to access the serial port under =20
    > Windows. I found the following two libraries:
    >=20
    > <http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=3Druby-serialport>
    > (last updated Feb. 2003)
    > <http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/win32serial/>
    > (last updated Jan. 2003)
    >=20
    > Is anyone using these libraries and can recommend them? Are there bett=

    er =20
    > alternatives?
    >=20
    > I do not have a C++ compiler on Windows -- does anyone have precompiled=

    =20
    > binaries that work with the one-click installer? (or should I be using=

    =20
    > Cygwin?)

    I do not know if there is a "better" alternative than either of the two
    libraries out there, but there is definitely one which does not require
    the compiler on Windows: you can use the Win32API library to interface=20
    directly.

    > Thank You,
    > Levin

    HTH,
    -- shanko

    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around=20
    http://mail.yahoo.com=20

    Shashank Date, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Hi,
    Win32API are a better option.