win32com exception when trying to invoke IE 6.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by C. Martin, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. C. Martin

    C. Martin Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a script where it goes around opening 30 Internet Exploder
    windows
    and uses one of them to browse 20 websites (and some of those sites
    have
    nasty pop-ups too, but what can you do?)

    Anyway, I'm running into the following exception:

    refreshing website: http://www.quicktime.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.hightimes.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.anonymizer.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.term-papers-4u.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.careerbuilder.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.ew.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.moviefone.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.tvguide.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.gambling.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.rotten.com/
    refreshing website: http://www.humorlinks.com/
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\pyscripts\urlbrowse2.py", line 86, in ?
    b.Navigate(string.rstrip(url_list))
    File "win32com\gen_py\EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0Bx0x1x1.py",
    line 112
    4, in Navigate
    pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None,
    None, None,
    0, -2147024726), None)

    I have seen similar posts on this issue in the past, and I recall Mark
    H. mentioning the script can wait for IE to finish loading a page
    before terminating the browser. I'm wondering if anyone out there has
    found a solution to this problem?

    Cheers, Charles M.
    C. Martin, Jul 25, 2003