win32com python AttributeError!

Michael

Hi Python-list -

Has anyone figured this out from Rebecca:

Hi, I am having trouble with win32com for python. I get the following
error when I try to issue any command after using Dispatch.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#7>", line 1, in ?
xl.Visible=0
File "D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 504, in __setattr__
raise AttributeError, "Property '%s.%s' can not be set." %
(self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: Property 'Excel.Application.Visible' can not be set.
I have programs that I used to use all the time and they simply won't
run. Is this an error with python or win32com or my setup?

Thanks,
-rebecca

I have the same problem.

Thus,

myWord = Dispatch("Word.Application")
myWord.Visible = 1 # or, True

opens a word document but

myExcel = Dispatch("Excel.Application")
myExcel.Visible = 1 # or, True

causes (as Rebecca notes above):

AttributeError: Property 'Excel.Application.Visible' can
not be set.

Thanks,

Michael

Mike Driscoll

[...]

This works fine for me on Windows XP and Python 2.5. It looks like
Rebecca is using Python 2.2, which might be the issue. I would also
upgrade to the latest PyWin32 as well. I'm using 212.

- Mike