win32com support (follow up to previous thread)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Matt Warren, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Matt Warren

    Matt Warren Guest

    Does this mean that there isn't a way to put a button into Visual
    Studio 6.0 and then have it execute python code all purely done in
    python.

    I.e could I write a python program that puts a button in the msdev
    toolbar like the outlook.py example and then when its pushed reformats
    the current document, using the Application.Document.SelectAll() com
    methods or something like that.

    Cheers

    Matt

    >> Generally, you can do a QueryInterface for the object. However, if
    >> the object does not support IDispatch, you will haver trouble - we
    >> don't support arbitrary interfaces when calling them, only
    >> implementing them.
    >>
    >> ob = ob._obj_.QueryInterface(
    >>

    >I take it the chances of this working are slim to none ?
    >

    >> The GUID must be for a type library. If you run "makepy.py -i",

    then
    >> you will get a list of all valid typelibs you can use, and the

    params
    >> for it.
    >>

    >Bum!
    >
    >Perhaps I should look at implementing the actual addin in C++ and

    then

    Matt Warren, Apr 1, 2004