    work in most of the time

    someone know a way to do this?

    thank you!

    Gandalf, Jan 9, 2009

  2. Gandalf

    TheSeeker Guest

    On Jan 9, 7:34 am, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > Hi, everyone
    > I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
    > user cursor.
    > so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
    > this way
    >
    > cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())
    >
    > their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
    > work in most of the time
    >
    > someone know a way to do this?
    >
    > thank you!

    One app that might be of help with your endeavors is called AutoIt
    (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/)

    This suite of apps has a nice window browser, which shows most (if mot
    all) information available from a Windows window. Sometimes not all
    text in a window is available, depending on the window. It even comes
    with a COM component, so it can be scripted from Python...

    No affiliation, other than a contented user.

    Duane

    TheSeeker, Jan 9, 2009

  3. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    thank you I'm checking autoit documentation...

    Gandalf, Jan 9, 2009
  4. Gandalf

    Tim Roberts Guest

    Gandalf <> wrote:
    ?
    >Hi, everyone
    >I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
    >user cursor.
    >so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
    >this way
    >
    >cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())
    >
    >their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
    >work in most of the time
    >
    >someone know a way to do this?

    Did you not like the reply I gave you the first time you asked this
    question?
    --
    Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.