From: Lutz Mueller [[email protected]]
Sent: 10 November 2010 05:26
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Win32ole - AffectedRows example?

Hi,

can anyone help me out with a working example on how to return
AffectedRows in an insert or update query using Win23ole and ADODB?

I can't seem to go anywhere with this.

Thank you very much!

Lutz

Charles Calvert

can anyone help me out with a working example on how to return
AffectedRows in an insert or update query using Win23ole and ADODB?

I can't seem to go anywhere with this.

Is the problem that you don't know how to use the ADODB library, or
that you don't know what the syntax should be in Ruby?

Lutz Mueller

Charles Calvert wrote in post #961014:
Is the problem that you don't know how to use the ADODB library, or
that you don't know what the syntax should be in Ruby?

It appears that, when retrieving the results of an insert or update
query, I am getting 0 back in every case, whereas the same thing done in
Office/VBA yields the expected result(s).

I have an example here:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/218052