WIN32OLERuntimeError -- Using ruby for Solidworks

Aaron

I want to use Ruby to manipulate the famous 3D software Solidworks
though win32ole.
I just did this in the irb:
require 'win32ole' =>true
sw = WIN32OLE.new('SldWorks.Application')

Then I found the Solidworks' process running in the backgroung though
the Process Manager.
Then ,after long time waiting, it results in this error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:failed to create WIN32OLE object from
'SldWorks.Application'
HRESULT error code:0x80080005

I realy want to know why.

Thank you for your time

Aaron

I want to use Ruby to manipulate the famous 3D software Solidworks
though win32ole.
I just did this in the irb:

Then I found the Solidworks' process running in the backgroung though
the Process Manager.
Then ,after long time waiting, it results in this error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:failed to create WIN32OLE object from
'SldWorks.Application'
HRESULT error code:0x80080005

I realy want to know why.

Thank you for your time

I do some testing like this:
first I started the SolidWorks ,seeing the Solidworks' process running
in the backgroung though the Process Manager.

then in the irb :
require 'win32ole' =>true
sw = WIN32OLE.connect('SldWorks.Application')
The error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:OLE server 'SldWorks.Application' not running
HRESULT error code:0x800401e3

Jano Svitok

I do some testing like this:
first I started the SolidWorks ,seeing the Solidworks' process running
in the backgroung though the Process Manager.

then in the irb :
The error:
WIN32OLERuntimeError:OLE server 'SldWorks.Application' not running
HRESULT error code:0x800401e3

Have a look at http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2005/06/24/432519.aspx
or google for the error codes.

Try using it from VBA/vbs/any other language to see if it works at all.

Jano