    it's over my head, could someone please help me??

    Thanks in advance.
    Jon

    jon, Feb 29, 2008

  2. jon

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:01:03 -0800 (PST), jon <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi, I was hoping someone in this section could help me with a C based
    > API that plays videos, all different kinds of videos. I have found
    > how to play .avi files, but playing other files seems to be a lot
    > harder. I know you must use codec's (unless i'm mistaken) and thats
    > where I get lost, but I think you have to use COM in it somewhere, but
    > it's over my head, could someone please help me??

    The fact that you want to do this from a program written in C does not
    make this a C language question. You need to ask about this a group
    that supports your platform, most likely a Windows group line

    It's not a function provided by the C language or its standard
    library.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Mar 1, 2008

  3. jon

    santosh Guest

    jon wrote:

    > Hi, I was hoping someone in this section could help me with a C based
    > API that plays videos, all different kinds of videos. I have found
    > how to play .avi files, but playing other files seems to be a lot
    > harder. I know you must use codec's (unless i'm mistaken) and thats
    > where I get lost, but I think you have to use COM in it somewhere, but
    > it's over my head, could someone please help me??
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Jon

    Try using one of the multimedia libraries like GStreamer, xine etc. A
    Google search should help you far more than posting to this group,
    which has nothing to do with video.

    santosh, Mar 1, 2008