WinCE Edition of Ruby?

Thomas

Hi,

I have a PPC with Windows Mobile 2003, and have downloaded the WinCE
edition of Ruby, from http://uema2.s8.xrea.com/ruby-mswince/. The
problem is that I don't know how to run it - when I click on my pocket
PC it doesn't seem to do anything. My PPC also doesn't have a command
line interface, so maybe I need a special application for it?

Thank you,

Thomas

gregarican

Thomas said:
Hi,

I have a PPC with Windows Mobile 2003, and have downloaded the WinCE
edition of Ruby, from http://uema2.s8.xrea.com/ruby-mswince/. The
problem is that I don't know how to run it - when I click on my pocket
PC it doesn't seem to do anything. My PPC also doesn't have a command
line interface, so maybe I need a special application for it?

Thank you,

Thomas

There are a couple of utilities that are needed. Google for 'Pocket
CMD' and you should be on your way!

gregarican

gregarican said:
There are a couple of utilities that are needed. Google for 'Pocket
CMD' and you should be on your way!

Actually here's the link -->
http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/applications/cmd/. The
caveat I would offer is the ruby-mswince environment isn't 100%
reliable. You will get some errors when working with strings and other
items. At least I did, which left me at a dead end trying to port a
Ruby application over to Pocket PC.