WinCE How to run ruby on an iPAQ

David Maslen

I'm a new user of Ruby, but so far, I'm impressed and wanting to find
every opportunity to practice and learn more.

When I discovered the WinCE port in the source distribution of 1.8, I
thought terrific, now I can install ruby on my iPAQ and test things
out whenever I get a quiet moment.

While I don't have access to the tools to compile ruby for the pocket
pc, a google search turned up the binaries on a Japanese
site. Unfortunately there were no instructions in English, and I can't
really work out how to use ruby on my iPAQ.

Could somebody point me to some English documentation, or perhaps just
summarise the basic usage?

Is it as simple as writing a script and adding a bang path (#!) to the
top of it?