    application(just a simple window with close button). Also i don't like
    to use any support of 3rd party libraries like MFC,qt etc, PLease
    suggest me the free online books,links to refer to develop this.

    Anarki, Aug 2, 2008

  2. Anarki

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Anarki <> writes:
    >I would like to know how to develop a simple window based
    >application(just a simple window with close button).

    »Programming Windows« by Charles Petzold (book).

    The basics are not different for C++ than for C, so better try
    to find a /Microsoft® Windows/ programming newsgroup than a
    C++ newsgroup.

    I personally do not even use RC files, but also build the resource
    descriptions (e.g., dialog descriptions) in C++ at run-time.
    Some examples programs for this programming style (also free
    from MFC and other additional libraries) are listed on my
    German language web page:

    http://www.purl.org/stefan_ram/pub/c++-windows

    Another book featuring Microsoft® Windows programming in C++:

    http://www.relisoft.com/book/

    Stefan Ram, Aug 2, 2008

  3. Anarki

    Brad Guest

    Anarki wrote:
    > I use gcc & g++ in Cygwin to build my programs in Windows Xp.
    >

    > I would like to know how to develop a simple window based
    > application(just a simple window with close button). Also i don't like
    > to use any support of 3rd party libraries like MFC,qt etc, PLease
    > suggest me the free online books,links to refer to develop this.

    wxWidgets

    Brad, Aug 3, 2008