window.close

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Evertjan., Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Evertjan.

    Evertjan. Guest

    Alan wrote on 06 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > When using "window.close", a dialog box ask u to comfirm, how to disable
    > it ?

    Not with serverside scripting.

    You are off topic on this ASP NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 6, 2005

  2. Evertjan.

    Alan Guest

    ?
    Alan, Feb 6, 2005

  3. You could maybe prevent it by opening the window via window.open()
    javascript.

    --
    Ben Strackany
    www.developmentnow.com

    Ben Strackany, Feb 7, 2005
  4. OK here you go. You can STILL fool IE with the following script.

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
    <!--
    //Close main window without confirmation.
    daddy = window.parent.self;
    daddy.opener = window.parent.self;
    daddy.close();
    //-->