    the window immediately disappears. Any idea what is happening?

    Thanks,

    Mitchley

    Mitchley, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Mitchley

    Skeleton Man Guest

    >I have written an extremely trivial perl script, but for some reason,
    >when I try to execute it, the (execution) window just diappears.

    This is normal behaviour. Open a DOS window, then run "perl
    \path\to\trivial.pl", and you'll see the output.

    Regards,
    Chris

    Skeleton Man, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Mitchley

    Dave Brown Guest

    (Mitchley) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have written an extremely trivial perl script, but for some reason,
    > when I try to execute it, the (execution) window just diappears.
    > This is my script: (trivial.pl)
    >
    > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
    > print "Look at all the camels!\n";
    >
    > So, to execute, I just double click on the file - the execution window
    > pops up, my print statement gets executed, and then for some reason,
    > the window immediately disappears. Any idea what is happening?

    The only way I know is to put a <> at the end of the script. This
    will cause the script to wait for input from the keyboard, keeping the
    window open. Then, when you hit "Enter", the script will terminate
    and the window will close.

    Dave Brown, Jun 15, 2004