Window Forms Control in a Web Form

Daniel J Rodriguez

Greetings Everyone!

Quick question - I am looking for the post or if you dont know but have
information on using Window Form Controls within a Web Form (.aspx) .. Any
information you may have would be great!

Thanks for taking the time!

--
Regards,

Daniel Rodriguez
Animusoft Corporation
http://www.animusoft.com

Alvin Bruney

This process is called hosting. If you google for it you may find some
attention. Basically, you can drop the windows control onto the webform,
which allows the windows component to use the webform as a host. The host
needs to know how to interpret and fire events from the embedded control, so
you will use good old COM for this. COM will allow you to source your events
and enable them to be transmitted client-side.

COM allows the windows control to behave appropriately clientside. If you
want to effect to occur as a webserver control, you will need to manually
postback after specific events.

good luck