window.open, attributes top and left

Ulrich Scholz

Dear all,

I try to display a large svg graphic in Opera 9.24 (Same result in
FireFox). The graphic is larger than the window. Now I would like to
position the window on an arbitrary place on the map. I guess this is
what the attributes top and left are for.

Unfortunately, it does not work as I though: Each time, the upper left
corner of the graphic is displayed initially.

scrollBy does now work either.

Thank you,

Ulrich

My code is

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
F1 =
window.open('map_ulrich.svg','Fenster1','width=2000,height=800,left=100,top=100,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no');
window.scrollBy(100,100);
//-->
</script>
</head>

SuneH

Oh, now I understand:

(a) It's the top of my screen, not the top of the browser window.
(b) It is highly dependent on the browser. The example on the bottom
of http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jwinopen.htm works with Firefox
but not with Opera

You don't need resizable, and others, =yes or no.
Just resizable, scrollbars, .... for yes.

The first 3 ex. is opened on the monitor where the button is,
the 4. on my left monitor.

On Opera the 4. is opened on the monitor where the button is.
(a) It's the top of my screen, not the top of the browser window.
not Opera.