Window.open destroys my parent session values

harikrishnan.kamalakannan

Hi,
When a open an asp page from a modal window through window.open, my
session values of parent(the screen that invoked the modal window) are
lost.
Please this is urgent.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hi,
When a open an asp page from a modal window through window.open, my
session values of parent(the screen that invoked the modal window) are
lost.
Please this is urgent.

Provide a small example that illustrates this problem, please. No need
to post your entire pages. Just the bits needed to illustrate what's
happening.

The main reason I ask is because window.open does not open a modal
window. You would need window.ShowModalDialog for that.

Also provide details about which browser demonstrates this behavior.

Bob Barrows

Pexi

Do you mean that your sequence is something like

original.asp:-> window.ShowModalDialog("xyz.asp"), then on
xyz.asp:-> window.open("anotherpage.asp")

and that on anotherpage.asp you have no access to Session("") variables set
on original.asp?

If yes, you'd better reconsider the dialog flow in your design, or you may
have to deal the issue with a handle to opener window (and hidden fields in
there).

/pexi

Pexi said:
Do you mean that your sequence is something like

original.asp:-> window.ShowModalDialog("xyz.asp"), then on
xyz.asp:-> window.open("anotherpage.asp")

and that on anotherpage.asp you have no access to Session("") variables set
on original.asp?

If yes, you'd better reconsider the dialog flow in your design, or you may
have to deal the issue with a handle to opener window (and hidden fields in
there).

/pexi

Yes, I call Window.open and do a form.submit to an asp page.
Also i am not able to access the session variables when i have opened
more no of IE windows or a IE window that i have been using other than
my application.

Is there a way that can i do form submit to modal window.
Also explain me regarding Opener and windows handler

Thanks for Pexi and Bob