    lost.
    Please this is urgent.
    , Jun 7, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > When a open an asp page from a modal window through window.open, my
    > session values of parent(the screen that invoked the modal window) are
    > lost.
    > Please this is urgent.

    Provide a small example that illustrates this problem, please. No need
    to post your entire pages. Just the bits needed to illustrate what's
    happening.

    The main reason I ask is because window.open does not open a modal
    window. You would need window.ShowModalDialog for that.

    Also provide details about which browser demonstrates this behavior.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 7, 2006

  3. Pexi Guest

    Do you mean that your sequence is something like

    original.asp:-> window.ShowModalDialog("xyz.asp"), then on
    xyz.asp:-> window.open("anotherpage.asp")

    and that on anotherpage.asp you have no access to Session("") variables set
    on original.asp?

    If yes, you'd better reconsider the dialog flow in your design, or you may
    have to deal the issue with a handle to opener window (and hidden fields in
    there).

    /pexi

    Pexi, Jun 7, 2006

    Pexi wrote:
    > Do you mean that your sequence is something like
    >
    > original.asp:-> window.ShowModalDialog("xyz.asp"), then on
    > xyz.asp:-> window.open("anotherpage.asp")
    >
    > and that on anotherpage.asp you have no access to Session("") variables set
    > on original.asp?
    >
    > If yes, you'd better reconsider the dialog flow in your design, or you may
    > have to deal the issue with a handle to opener window (and hidden fields in
    > there).
    >
    > /pexi
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > When a open an asp page from a modal window through window.open, my
    > > session values of parent(the screen that invoked the modal window) are
    > > lost.
    > > Please this is urgent.

    Yes, I call Window.open and do a form.submit to an asp page.
    Also i am not able to access the session variables when i have opened
    more no of IE windows or a IE window that i have been using other than
    my application.

    Is there a way that can i do form submit to modal window.
    Also explain me regarding Opener and windows handler

    Thanks for Pexi and Bob
    , Jun 12, 2006