window.open doesn't opens resizeable and with scrollbars

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Koyan, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Koyan

    Koyan Guest

    Hallo everybody,

    I have in my website administration pages the following script:

    function openWin(){
    window.open("/multimedia/display?frmNm=0&obj=imageid&capobj=imgcaption","display","scrollbar=yes,resizeable=yes,menubar=no,width=500,height=500");

    When this script is called, a popup window opens. The problem is that it
    opens allright (with scrollbars and resizeable) in Opera and Mozzilla, it
    is not resizeable and it has no scrollbars, when I open it from iexplorer
    and mozzillafirebird.

    Anyone has any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Koyan

    Koyan, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Koyan

    Fred Serry Guest

    "Koyan" <> schreef...
    > I have in my website administration pages the following script:
    >
    > function openWin(){

    window.open("/multimedia/display?frmNm=0&obj=imageid&capobj=imgcaption",
    "display","scrollbar=yes,resizeable=yes,menubar=no,width=500,height=500"
    );

    > Anyone has any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    Hi,

    For short: RTFM.

    If you use scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes instead of
    scrollbar=yes,resizeable=yes, it will do allright.

    Fred
    Fred Serry, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Koyan <> writes:

    > I have in my website administration pages the following script:
    >
    > function openWin(){
    > window.open("/multimedia/display?frmNm=0&obj=imageid&capobj=imgcaption","display","scrollbar=yes,resizeable=yes,menubar=no,width=500,height=500");

    > Anyone has any ideas what I am doing wrong?

    It is spelled "scrollbars" (plural) and "resizable" (without the "e").
    Since you don't give the properties "scrollbars" and "resizable" they
    default to "no".

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Koyan

    Koyan Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:58:41 +0100, Fred Serry
    <> wrote:

    > If you use scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes instead of
    > scrollbar=yes,resizeable=yes, it will do allright.
    >
    > Fred

    Thanks Fred,
    corrected now.
    Koyan, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Koyan

    Koyan Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:04:18 +0100, Lasse Reichstein Nielsen
    <> wrote:

    > It is spelled "scrollbars" (plural) and "resizable" (without the "e").
    > Since you don't give the properties "scrollbars" and "resizable" they
    > default to "no".
    >
    > /L

    Thanks, corrected now.

    Koyan, Nov 12, 2003