window.open is extremely slow

Guest

I have an application that has a main.aspx page (something like a todo list).
Clicking one of the items open an new window (javascript window.open) with a
new aspx page.
this is extremely slow.
if I type the same (slow) aspx page in the address bar of the browser it
appears immediately. This makes me believe that window.open together with
aspx is very slow - but I don't know why and don't see the reason.
Opening a html page with window.open is immediate.
Does anybody encountered this problem or am I doing something wrong ?