window.open works for other html pages, not word, excel, etc.

barneagal

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct group to post this (probably
browser security or something like that), but it's a start :)

I am working on an intenet site (Sql + asp.net (vb.net)), on it i have
2 pages:
1 - with the following
window.open('somefile.html','_blank');
</script><html>
2 - with the following
window.open('somefile.doc','_blank');
</script><html>

both somefile.html & somefile.doc exists.

Problem :
on most of clients machines everything is ok, except several clients
that on their machine page 2 doen't work - it will not open the new
window

Notes:
* the specific client can reach the document if the open the browser
and enter the word document address
* this is not a server-side problem since 90% of the clients are OK
Thanks, Gal