window.open works for other html pages, not word, excel, etc.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by barneagal@gmail.com, Feb 2, 2005.

    I don't know if this is the correct group to post this (probably
    browser security or something like that), but it's a start :)

    I am working on an intenet site (Sql + asp.net (vb.net)), on it i have
    2 pages:
    1 - with the following
    window.open('somefile.html','_blank');
    </script><html>
    2 - with the following
    window.open('somefile.doc','_blank');
    </script><html>

    both somefile.html & somefile.doc exists.

    Problem :
    on most of clients machines everything is ok, except several clients
    that on their machine page 2 doen't work - it will not open the new
    window

    Notes:
    * the specific client can reach the document if the open the browser
    and enter the word document address
    * this is not a server-side problem since 90% of the clients are OK
    Thanks, Gal

    , Feb 2, 2005