window.open

Obscurr

hi!

when I'm using the window.open javascript command, a new IE window
pops up. But when I try doing the same on another computer, the first
window still acts as the current one, and the new one (opened with
windows.open) opens, but just lies down on the toolbar. Is there any
way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
the current one?

obscurr

angelbiatch

when I'm using the window.open javascript command, a new IE window
pops up. But when I try doing the same on another computer, the first
window still acts as the current one, and the new one (opened with
windows.open) opens, but just lies down on the toolbar. Is there any
way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
the current one?

While it's perfectly understandable that you need help and you need it
fast, it'll really help if you spent just *one* darn minute proof-reading
your question. So therefore when you say "when I try doing the same on
another computer" do you mean "another browser window" or "another browser".

obscurr obscurr

same OS, same browser, different computer following the same link

obscurr

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Obscurr said:
when I'm using the window.open javascript command, a new IE window
pops up. But when I try doing the same on another computer, the first
window still acts as the current one, and the new one (opened with
windows.open) opens, but just lies down on the toolbar. Is there any
way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
the current one?

Most certainly you have a shell (configuration) problem on the second
computer, not a JavaScript problem. And the method is `window.open(...)',
not `windows.open'.

PointedEars

Rainer Rosenberger

I heard, that browser behaviour may strongly vary on browser versions and
underlying operating systems. What about

oNewWin = window.open(...);
oNewWin.focus;

Regards, Rainer Rosenberger