    way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
    the current one?

    obscurr
    Obscurr, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Obscurr

    angelbiatch Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:41:10 -0800, Obscurr wrote:

    > when I'm using the window.open javascript command, a new IE window
    > pops up. But when I try doing the same on another computer, the first
    > window still acts as the current one, and the new one (opened with
    > windows.open) opens, but just lies down on the toolbar. Is there any
    > way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
    > the current one?

    While it's perfectly understandable that you need help and you need it
    fast, it'll really help if you spent just *one* darn minute proof-reading
    your question. So therefore when you say "when I try doing the same on
    another computer" do you mean "another browser window" or "another browser".
    angelbiatch, Nov 5, 2003

  3. same OS, same browser, different computer following the same link

    obscurr

    obscurr obscurr, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Obscurr wrote:

    > when I'm using the window.open javascript command, a new IE window
    > pops up. But when I try doing the same on another computer, the first
    > window still acts as the current one, and the new one (opened with
    > windows.open) opens, but just lies down on the toolbar. Is there any
    > way of setting this property, so that the new window always becomes
    > the current one?

    Most certainly you have a shell (configuration) problem on the second
    computer, not a JavaScript problem. And the method is `window.open(...)',
    not `windows.open'.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 10, 2003
  5. I heard, that browser behaviour may strongly vary on browser versions and
    underlying operating systems. What about

    oNewWin = window.open(...);
    oNewWin.focus;

    Regards, Rainer Rosenberger

    Rainer Rosenberger, Nov 11, 2003