window.print and iframe

Lamberti Fabrizio

Hi all,
I've got this problem.

I've an ASP file, named content.asp, with inside an input button and a
iframe that loads another asp file, named iframe.asp

I'd like printing iframe.asp using the button inside content.asp.

The size of iframe object inside content.asp is smaller than the real size
of iframe.asp so I can't use JSCRIPT code window.print for the input button.

How can I solve my problem ?

regards

DU

Lamberti said:
Hi all,
I've got this problem.

I've an ASP file, named content.asp, with inside an input button and a
iframe that loads another asp file, named iframe.asp

I'd like printing iframe.asp using the button inside content.asp.

The size of iframe object inside content.asp is smaller than the real size
of iframe.asp so I can't use JSCRIPT code window.print for the input button.

How can I solve my problem ?

regards

Assuming you have this markup in your content.asp file:

the iframe</button></p>
<iframe name="IframeName" src="iframe.asp" ...></iframe>

then in your <head> include this:

<script type="text/javascript">
function PrintIframe()
{
frames["IframeName"].focus();
frames["IframeName"].print();
}
</script>

1- Note that content.asp and iframe.asp must share the same domain
otherwise you'll be prevented to print because of the scripting across
domain security constraint:
"when loading a document from one origin, a script loaded from a
different origin cannot get or set specific properties of specific
browser and HTML objects in a window or frame"
http://devedge.netscape.com/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.3/guide/sec.html#1015705

2- Last time I checked this issue (~ 6 months ago or so), Opera 7.x was
not printing iframe but this could have been fixed since then. The code
works for NS 7.x, Mozilla 1.3+, MSIE 6.

DU

Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Printing Iframe from a different frame.

Hi,

Just to add to this post. If the print button is on a different frame from the frame that contains your iframe (but in the same domain). then you can use:

parent.frames['frameName'].window.frames['IframeName'].focus();
parent.frames['frameName'].window.frames['IframeName'].print();

Hope this helps.

DU said:
Lamberti Fabrizio wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've got this problem.
>
> I've an ASP file, named content.asp, with inside an input button and a
> iframe that loads another asp file, named iframe.asp
>
> I'd like printing iframe.asp using the button inside content.asp.
>
> The size of iframe object inside content.asp is smaller than the real size
> of iframe.asp so I can't use JSCRIPT code window.print for the input button.
>
> How can I solve my problem ?
>
> regards

Assuming you have this markup in your content.asp file:

the iframe</button></p>
<iframe name="IframeName" src="iframe.asp" ...></iframe>

then in your <head> include this:

<script type="text/javascript">
function PrintIframe()
{
frames["IframeName"].focus();
frames["IframeName"].print();
}
</script>

1- Note that content.asp and iframe.asp must share the same domain
otherwise you'll be prevented to print because of the scripting across
domain security constraint:

2- Last time I checked this issue (~ 6 months ago or so), Opera 7.x was
not printing iframe but this could have been fixed since then. The code
works for NS 7.x, Mozilla 1.3+, MSIE 6.

DU

AGN

Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i cant print from iframe.print() in a pdf file in IE.please give me a solution,i tried self.print(),window.print etc.