    that something else?

    Thanks,
    ~Parthi.
    Parthi, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Parthi

    Randy Webb Guest

    Parthi said the following on 9/23/2005 2:58 AM:
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone please tell me what is window.yzq_a? It is often used like
    > in "if(window.yzq_a == null)". Does it check if a window is open or is
    > that something else?

    It is checking a custom property of the window object. Probably a
    variable. Can you give a URL to a page that uses it?

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Parthi

    Parthi Guest

    Parthi, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Parthi

    Randy Webb Guest

    Parthi said the following on 9/23/2005 3:23 AM:
    > Thanks for the quick reply.
    > I found one URL:

    View the source. Somewhere in that 423 lines of garbage HTML code you
    will find somewhere where it either defines it or doesn't. And then
    based on that variable, it writes a garbage script tag, probably for the

    I *can* tell you this though, it is not a normal feature of the window
    object, it is something specific to that site.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Parthi

    Robi Guest

    Parthi wrote in message news:...
    > Thanks for the quick reply.
    > I found one URL:

    if I hadn't read Randy's previous post, I would have no idea
    what you're talking about.

    You need to quote relevant information for others to understand
    what is going on.

    now, on the page you mentioned, there is the following line:
    if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("<scr" +
    "ipt type=text/javascript src=http://us.js1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_1.7.0.js></scr" +
    "ipt>");

    what this does, it checks if there is an object named yzq_a,
    and if not (or is "== null") then write a line to load the file
    http://us.js1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_1.7.0.js.

    in that file you will find the following line:

    function yzq_a(p,v){var w=window;if(w.yzq1==null)w.yzq1=new Object();var d=w.yzq1;if(p=='a')p+=Math.random();if(d[p]==null)d[p]=v;}

    so now window.yzq_a is a function and not "== null" anymore

    now on a line further down the page you find something like
    if (window.yzq_a)
    {
    yzq_a('p', 'P=WiSZlkLa[...]'); /* I removed stuff and */
    yzq_a('a', '&U=13apl03[...]'); /* replaced it by [...] */
    }

    this now runs the function with different parameters since the
    function is available.

    HTH
    Robi, Sep 24, 2005