window.yzq_a

Parthi

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me what is window.yzq_a? It is often used like
in "if(window.yzq_a == null)". Does it check if a window is open or is
that something else?

Thanks,
~Parthi.

Randy Webb

Parthi said the following on 9/23/2005 2:58 AM:
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me what is window.yzq_a? It is often used like
in "if(window.yzq_a == null)". Does it check if a window is open or is
that something else?

It is checking a custom property of the window object. Probably a
variable. Can you give a URL to a page that uses it?

Randy Webb

Parthi said the following on 9/23/2005 3:23 AM:

View the source. Somewhere in that 423 lines of garbage HTML code you
will find somewhere where it either defines it or doesn't. And then
based on that variable, it writes a garbage script tag, probably for the

I *can* tell you this though, it is not a normal feature of the window
object, it is something specific to that site.

Robi

Parthi wrote in message news:[email protected]...

if I hadn't read Randy's previous post, I would have no idea
what you're talking about.

You need to quote relevant information for others to understand
what is going on.

now, on the page you mentioned, there is the following line:
if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("<scr" +
"ipt type=text/javascript src=http://us.js1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_1.7.0.js></scr" +
"ipt>");

what this does, it checks if there is an object named yzq_a,
and if not (or is "== null") then write a line to load the file
http://us.js1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_1.7.0.js.

in that file you will find the following line:

function yzq_a(p,v){var w=window;if(w.yzq1==null)w.yzq1=new Object();var d=w.yzq1;if(p=='a')p+=Math.random();if(d[p]==null)d[p]=v;}

so now window.yzq_a is a function and not "== null" anymore

now on a line further down the page you find something like
if (window.yzq_a)
{
yzq_a('p', 'P=WiSZlkLa[...]'); /* I removed stuff and */
yzq_a('a', '&U=13apl03[...]'); /* replaced it by [...] */
}

this now runs the function with different parameters since the
function is available.

HTH