Windows 2003 'ASP 0178 : 80070005' COM+ Security problem

Rob Shorney

Good afternoon,

Hope I've got the right group - sorry if not.

I am getting the following error in my asp page
Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/exctest/test.asp, line 7

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is
denied to this object

The dll in question has been installed on a windows 2003 server as a COM+
application. This has then been exported as an application proxy to another
windows 2003 server.

The web app has been set up for Basic Authentication only. If when running I
logon as a Domain user, who only has domain user rights the above error
occurs, if I add my domain user to the administrators group on the server
where the actual com+ application resides everything is fine and works as
expected. However, having a domain user a member of the administrators group
is not ideal. What am I missing in security configuration so that domain
users can create and run with the com+ application.

Many Thanks

Regards

Sticksman