Windows 2003 IIS 6.0 SMTP splitting and adding extra characters

Guest

I've encountered a problem with the SmtpMail.Send .Net framework 1.1 call in
Windows 2003. What I'm seeing are 4 junk characters added at a consistent
message position which happens at the 989th character (and others) in the
email body. The characters being added are <!><CR><LF><space> which the "!"
character breaks my HTML email form parameters (name or value depending on a
dynamic HTML form). I setup a special Win2k3 box with all the latest patches
including .Net framework 1.1 SP1 compiled on the same box with Visual Studio
2003. I've bumped the SMTP max message limits to 50k and tried this test
using 2 different SMTP servers but still the problem takes place. By the
way, this does not happen on Win2k IIS 5.0 1.1 framework.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this will be greatly appeciated. I've
searched the web and couldn't find anything. Thanks...