Windows 2003 won't search script

Simon Wigzell

I have discovered an odd problem with Windows 2003. When you use the
directory search (Right click on a directory in Explore, select "Search") it
won't return any results that are within script delimeters e.g.

I will find this content of a file:

Hello World

But it won't find this:

<%
Hello World
%>

This was not a problem in Windows 2000. Searching within files is a
critical part of my ASP development. Once again Microsoft has decided to do
something that it thinks everyone wants but is only a hinderance to me. I
don't see anywhere in the Explore controls to change this. Any ideas? Or
does someone know of a free search program, something like Unix "grep" would
be nice that I can use for searching in my ASP code instead?