Windows 32 service problem (ImportError)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Laszlo Zsolt Nagy, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Hi All!

    I have a running service (a small web server) implemented in python,
    running as a win32 service. I wrote another program that is very similar
    to the web server but I cannot start the service. From the event log, I
    can read this traceback:

    -------------
    Python could not import the service's module
    File "T:\Python\Projects\NamedConnector\Service.py", line 17, in ?
    from Processor import *
    File "c:\Python\Projects\NamedConnector\Processor.py", line 35, in ?
    from mess import MessageSocket
    File "T:\Python\Lib\mess\MessageSocket.py", line 31, in ?
    import zlib
    exceptions.ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function
    (initzlib)
    -------------

    Facts:

    1. I'm using the same module (MessageSocket) for my web server
    2. The web server runs fine as a service

    Where is the problem? Please help.

    Les

    Laszlo Zsolt Nagy, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Laszlo Zsolt Nagy wrote:
    > exceptions.ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function
    > (initzlib)
    >
    > Where is the problem? Please help.

    My guess is that you have a zlib.dll somewhere, which gets used before
    zlib.pyd.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Aug 15, 2005