    pentium? I assume you have to have the 64 bit version of windows xp.
    Have been waiting for a pentium release for ages. Thanks in advance.

    , May 26, 2006

  2. LukaszP Guest

    NTG

    LukaszP, May 26, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi.
    > Do any one know if Windows AMD64 executable works with a 64 bit
    > pentium? I assume you have to have the 64 bit version of windows xp.
    > Have been waiting for a pentium release for ages. Thanks in advance.

    AMD is better than Intel so your wait was pointless.

    This is the wrong NG (This has nothing to do with Java)

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, May 26, 2006

    Of course it's java oriented. On suns site you can download the Windows
    AMD64 version of the JDK. I wonder if it runs on an Pentium. Sorry for
    being unclear? Btw, what is "NTG"?

    , May 26, 2006
  5. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Of course it's java oriented. On suns site you can download the Windows
    > AMD64 version of the JDK. I wonder if it runs on an Pentium. Sorry for
    > being unclear? Btw, what is "NTG"?

    My understanding is that whereas Itanium used their own 64 bit
    instruction set, the Pentium implements the AMD64 instruction set (and so
    the P4-64 and AMD64 are compatible, thank goodness). So the answer is
    "probably yes".

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, May 26, 2006

    Thanks. Guess thats the only way if you want to use more than 4 gb.

    , May 26, 2006
  7. Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 14:11:34 GMT, "Oliver Wong" <>

    > My understanding is that whereas Itanium used their own 64 bit
    >instruction set, the Pentium implements the AMD64 instruction set (and so
    >the P4-64 and AMD64 are compatible, thank goodness). So the answer is
    >"probably yes".

    somebody asked this question a while back and said the answer was
    "yes" the pentium works too.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, May 26, 2006