Windows AMD64 executable

javerberg

Hi.
Do any one know if Windows AMD64 executable works with a 64 bit
pentium? I assume you have to have the 64 bit version of windows xp.
Have been waiting for a pentium release for ages. Thanks in advance.

Luc The Perverse

Hi.
Do any one know if Windows AMD64 executable works with a 64 bit
pentium? I assume you have to have the 64 bit version of windows xp.
Have been waiting for a pentium release for ages. Thanks in advance.

AMD is better than Intel so your wait was pointless.

This is the wrong NG (This has nothing to do with Java)

javerberg

Of course it's java oriented. On suns site you can download the Windows
AMD64 version of the JDK. I wonder if it runs on an Pentium. Sorry for
being unclear? Btw, what is "NTG"?

Oliver Wong

Of course it's java oriented. On suns site you can download the Windows
AMD64 version of the JDK. I wonder if it runs on an Pentium. Sorry for
being unclear? Btw, what is "NTG"?

My understanding is that whereas Itanium used their own 64 bit
instruction set, the Pentium implements the AMD64 instruction set (and so
the P4-64 and AMD64 are compatible, thank goodness). So the answer is
"probably yes".

- Oliver

Roedy Green

My understanding is that whereas Itanium used their own 64 bit
instruction set, the Pentium implements the AMD64 instruction set (and so
the P4-64 and AMD64 are compatible, thank goodness). So the answer is
"probably yes".

somebody asked this question a while back and said the answer was
"yes" the pentium works too.