Windows app + Xserver + cygwin

Dan H

Hello,

A project I am working on requires that I write a windows application
that can also display a simple test pattern on a remote machine's
display (most likely using OpenGL). I am a little confused even where
to start as I haven't found much on the web. Right now the plan
involves making calls to cygwin libraries and setting up an Xserver on
the windows machine and making the remote machine an Xclient to
display the test pattern. Does this make sense? is this even
possible? Any alternative solutions? The remote machine will most
likely be a *n(u|i)x machine. Thanks for your help.

Dan

PS - if someone knows of a webpage that deals with this kind of thing
please post it!

Victor Bazarov

Dan said:
A project I am working on requires that I write a windows application
that can also display a simple test pattern on a remote machine's
display (most likely using OpenGL). I am a little confused even where
to start [...]

Start by posting to the right newsgroup: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.